Chocolate Peppermint Donuts
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read mydisclosure policy.
我的baked vegan donutsare one of the MOST popular recipes on my site and I’m constantly getting rave reviews about them. SO, I thought that it would be fun to make a seasonal version of them. Let me introduce you to there decadent and DELICIOUSVegan Baked Chocolate Peppermint Donuts:
在过去的几年里，我在这篇食谱中创造了几种变化，它们都很好！我的巧克力版后went viral on Instagram earlier this year, I’ve been dying to make a peppermint version of it
One of the things that I love so much about these donuts is that they comes together all in one bowl. Seriously LOVE a good one bowl dessert. From there, it’s simply a matter of spooning/ piping the batter into your donut pan and baking.
I get asked fairly often when to do if you don’t have a donut pan and here is my advice:
- Order yourselfa donut panASAP bc you’re going to want to make these again.THISis the one that I have.
- While you wait, go ahead and make these as muffins instead. They turn out the same but just need about 5 extra minutes in the oven. Not quite as fun as donuts but equally as delicious!
While still a treat, these donuts are on the healthier side with simple, plant based ingredients including:
- Flour- use a 1-1 flour to make them gluten free
- Maple syrup
- Peppermint extract- for that nice peppermint-y flavor
- Nut butter- you can also use sunflower seed butter for a nut free version
- Cocoa powder
As always, if you end up making this recipe, please snap a photo and tag me onInstagram @foodwithfeeling！！我总是喜欢看你的博客是什么！
These Vegan Baked Peppermint Donuts are simple to make and so deliciously decadent!
- 1 cupof flour (I use all purpose but you can also use whole wheat, pastry flour, or a gluten free1–1substitute)
- 1/2 teaspoonof baking soda
- 1 teaspoon发酵粉
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cupof maple syrup
- 1/2 cup+2汤匙of almond milk
- 3 tablespoonsof nut butter- I used peanut butter this time but have also made these with almond butter
- 1 teaspoonof peppermint extract
- 1medium banana, mashed
- 2汤匙of cocoa powder
For the frosting:
- 2汤匙of dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoonof coconut oil
- ½ cupof powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoonof plant based milk (plus more as needed)
- Crushed peppermint/ Sprinkles for topping if desired
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly great a donut pan.
- In a large bowl, mash your banana until few lumps remain. Stir in the milk, nut butter, maple syrup, and peppermint extract. Stir until well combined.
- Over top of the wet ingredients, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder and mix everything together to combine.
- Evenly spoon or pipe the mixture into the 6 muffin cups.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool slightly and then remove from the pan to a wire rack to cool more.
- Make the frosting by melting the chocolate and coconut oil in a small bowl until just melted. Whisk in the powdered sugar and milk. Add a teaspoon more milk as needed to thicken the frosting to your desired thickness.
- Dip each cooled donut into the frosting and add crushed peppermint as desired. ENJOY!
these can also be made as muffins if desired but might need 5 extra minutes in the oven!
Keywords:vegan donuts, baked donuts, holiday donuts