Amaretto Chocolate Truffles
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read mydisclosure policy.
TheseAmaretto Chocolate Trufflesare so simple to make and come together with just FIVE ingredients. The Amaretto + chocolate combo is so irresistibly delicious!
My dad didn’t drink very often but when he did, it was almost always a small glass of Disarrono Amaretto liqueur and because of that, it has a very soft spot in my heart. Plus, it’s actually QUITE delicious!
Naturally, I had to find a way to slip some of it into a dessert. I love SO MUCH how these turned out and already find myself thinking of other fun desserts to slip a little amaretto into :)
Making these chocolate truffles is VERY easy and I’m going to walk you through it!
These recipe requires just FIVE ingredients:
- heavy cream (or coconut cream for a vegan version)
- good quality chocolate
- Amaretto liqueur
- vanilla extract
- finely chopped almonds OR cocoa powder for rolling
Once your ingredients are ready, add the chocolate to a medium bowl.
Heat the cream in a small saucepan and once simmering, remove from the heat and pour over top of the chocolate.
Whisk constantly until the chocolate is fully melted and combined with the cream.
Mix in the vanilla and amaretto and stir to combine. Cover the bowl and chill in the fridge until the mixture is thickened.
Roll the chocolate mixture into 1 tablespoon balls (I’ve found that this is easiest if you lightly wet your hands a little). Roll each ball into either cocoa powder of the chopped almonds. I like to alternate so that I have half and half.
As usual, PLEASE let me know if you make this recipe and let me know how you like it! You can come back here and leave a comment or tag me oninstagram(@foodwithfeeling).
More simple desserts to try:
- Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Mug Cake
- PB&J Crumble Bars
- Easy Apple Turnovers
- Baked Donuts recipe
- Chocolate Covered Banana Bites
These 5 ingredient chocolate truffles are easy to make and have a delicious secret ingredient in them!
- 8 ouncesof good quality chocolate, chopped (or chocolate chips)
- ½ cupheavy whipping cream*
- 1.5 ounces(~1shot) of Amaretto liqueur such as Disarrono*
- 1 teaspoonof vanilla
- ⅓ cupof cocoa powder OR
- ⅓ cupof almonds, very finely chopped*
- Add the chopped chocolate to a medium bowl and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, bring the cream to a simmer and immediately remove from heat. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate chips and whisk together until all the chocolate is melted.
- Mix in the Amaretto and vanilla and stir until everything is well combined and the mixture is smooth. Cover the bowl and store in the fridge to cool for about 4 hours.
- After the mixture has chilled, use a cookie scoop to create 1” spheres. Roll the truffles in the cacao powder or almonds and enjoy chilled.
- To store: place in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
Cream:乳制品免费版本,你可以交换的whipping cream with coconut cream (the thick part from a can of coconut milk without the watery liquid part)
Amaretto: as desired, the liqueur can be left out completely
Cocoa Powder: you really only need 1/3 cup of cocoa powder OR 1/3 cup of the almonds but I like to use half and half for a variety of truffles.
Almonds: you can either very finely chop them with a knife or pulse them in a food processor.
Keywords:chocolate truffles, amaretto dessert, amaretto truffles