Easy Chickpea Gyro
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read mydisclosure policy.
TheseChickpea Gyrosare so simple to make and make for such a delicious vegetarian gyro option! Super filling and even good for meal prep!
I teased this recipe onmy Instagram本周,有这么多的问题!所以,I figured that I would bump it up in my content calendar. Trust me, you’re going to want to make this one ASAP!
It’s so SO simple but somehow just so delicious! I’m excited to see y’all making this one.
For this recipe, I pan fried the chickpeas to get them crispy BUT you could easilyair fry them following these instructionsORroast them following these instructions. I’ve cooked chickpeas ALL of the ways and love them every time.
The air fryer gets them the CRISPIEST and while it’s truly very easy to do, sometimes I just don’t feel like getting my air fryer out (or washing it from the night before).
If you do end up making the chickpeas using one of those other methods, I simply suggest using the flavoring/ spices from this particular recipe (see recipe card down below) so that they taste the best in the gyro.
Ingredients we’re working with:
- Chickpeas (obviously)
- Spices: paprika, cumin, and garlic powder
- Pita bread (YUM!)
- Tzatziki sauce: I linked a recipe down below if you want too make your own BUT you can also just buy it at the store which is what I did :)
- Other toppings: cucumber, tomato, red onion, feta (Violife makes a delicious vegan version if that’s your thing) and fresh dill
As per usual on Fridays, I’m going to keep things short and sweet today. I really hope to see you making this recipe because it’s SO so good (I think I’ll be making it again this weekend!).
If you do make this, or any of my other recipes, please be sure totag me on Instagramand leave a review in the comments below! I love seeing what you’re making and it helps me out a lot.
More yummy chickpea recipes to try:
- Ranch Chickpea Salad
- Curried Chickpea Salad
- Chickpea Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- Peanut Sauce Chickpea Wraps
- Chickpea Pot Pie
- Chickpea Noodle Soup
- Coconut Chickpea Curry
For the crispy chickpeas:
- 15ozcan of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoonof olive oil
- ½ teaspoonof cumin
- 1 teaspoonof paprika
- ¼ teaspoonof garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoonof fine sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 2–4pitas (you can either make 2 hefty gyros or4smaller ones
- cherry tomatoes
- sliced red onion
- feta cheese (violife makes a delicious vegan version!)
- cucumber slices
- fresh dill
- Rinse and drain the can of chickpeas and then dry them off thoroughly with a paper towel or lint free towel.
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Once hot, add in the chickpeas and cook, stirring often for 10 minutes. Mix in the cumin, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and pepper. Cook for 2 additional minutes. Remove from the heat.*
- To make the gyro, smear some tazatziki on a piece of pita and top with the crispy chickpeas and other desired toppings. ENJOY!
Keywords:vegetarian dinner, chickpea recipe, chickpea gyros, vegetarian gyro