Snickers Granola Bars
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read mydisclosure policy.
TheseSnickers Granola Barsare simple to make and SO ridiculously delicious! Great as a snack or even for breakfast :)
Is Snickers your favorite candy bar ever? Because it’s mine and I want all things snickers flavored from here on out. ALL. THINGS.
我工作在一个更健康的自制中on of a snickers but in the meantime, we have these SNICKERS GRANOLA BARS! And they’re a close second. A very close second.
With the weather getting nicer, we’ve been trying to take at least a half a day off each week to go on a nice hike. There is SO MUCH good hiking here in the Pacific Northwest and since we’ve only been here for about a year, there’s still so much exploring left to do.
For our longer hikes, we’ve been taking several granola bars with us for extra energy and an easy snack. And while I love a good Kind brand bar, I really wanted to make some homemade and save the money (those things aren’t cheap!). ENTER: these Snickers Granola Bars.
Super simple to make and ridiculously delicious. Let’s dive into them:
The batter for these comes together in one single pot and it’s all super easy.
Start out by combining the sugar, honey, butter, and coconut oil over medium heat. Stir until the butter is fully melted and you can mix everything together. Then the peanut butter is stirred in and mixed until nice and creamy.
Fold in the oats and half of the peanuts and then press the mixture into a square pan to chill until set. Once the bars are hardened and completely cooled, you can dip/ drizzle them with chocoalate and ENOY!
I was hoping that this recipe would also work with maple syrup for my vegan friends but unfortunately, it just doesn’t work as well and the bars don’t hold together very well. So, I can only recommend the honey at this time.
That’s all I have for today’s post! As usual, please let me know if you end up making this recipe and how you like it. You can come back here to leave a comment or snap a photo andtag me on Instagram @foodwithfeeling! I always love to see what y’all are making from the blog!
These Snickers Granola Bars are simple to make and SO ridiculously delicious! Great as a snack or even for breakfast
- ½ cupbrown sugar (light or dark)
- 1/3 cuphoney*
- 4 tablespoonsbutter (dairy-free as desired)
- 4 tablespoonscoconut oil, divided
- 1/2 cupcreamy peanut butter*
- 2 cupsold-fashioned oats*
- 3/4 cuppeanuts, divided
- 1 cupdark chocolate chips
- Flaky sea salt for garnish
- Line a 9×9 baking dish with parchment paper and set it aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine the brown sugar, honey, butter, and coconut oil. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the butter has melted.
- Add the peanut butter and whisk to combine— the mixture will thicken slightly.
- Once the peanut butter is combined, add the oats and 1/2 cup of peanuts. Stir to combine.
- Transfer the granola to the baking dish and sprinkle over the remaining 1/4 cup of peanuts.
- Press the mixture into the pan, making sure to pack it tightly— you don’t want your granola bars to fall apart! Be careful, the mixture will be hot!
- Transfer the bars to the fridge to chill for at least 2 hours.
- Once the bars have cooled, combine the chocolate and remaining two tablespoons of coconut oil in a small bowl. Microwave until melted, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Slice the bars and dip or drizzle the chocolate over them. Transfer the bars to the fridge to set.
- Keep chilled (to prevent the chocolate from melting) and enjoy within 5 days.
- Make sure to use honey— unfortunately this recipe doesn’t work with maple syrup.
- I used old fashioned oats because I prefer the texture, but quick cook oats will work too!
- I used roasted, salted peanuts but use whatever you have on hand.
Keywords:granola bars, vegan granola bars