This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my披露政策.
Now that it’s officially February, I figured that it was appropriate to go ahead and share this recipe. I’ve been so excited to post this one because theseVegan Valentine’s Day Cookiesare SO SIMPLE to make and perfect for your special someone (or even ALL for yourself ?). Can’t wait to see you all making these!
I made these cookies a good few weeks ago and have been so excited to share the recipe. It’s based off of myclassic Vegan Sugar Cookie recipeand HOLY is it such a phenomenal recipe.
Since there aren’t many Valentine’s Day recipes on my blog, I figured that this was as good a year as any to remedy that situation. So I present to you the most delicious (and surprisingly easy) Valentines Cookies:
I like to make these cookies in a stand mixer but I just find the whole process much easier that way (even if the big ole bowl is a little annoying to clean). However, you can totally make this recipe by hand or using a hand mixer as desired.
The cookies themselves aren’t overly sweet. This is intentional as we’re adding quite a bit of sweetness to the cookies when we frost them. That being said, the cookies are a bit sweet and still totally delicious on their own.
Ingredients in these valentines day cookies:
- 面粉 - 我使用了一个普通的通用面粉，但如果您想让这些不含麸质，我建议只需使用1-1面粉。
- Sugar- plain cane sugar is what I used.
- Plant based milk- I used oat milk but really anything works well here.
- Extracts- vanilla AND almond. If you can help it, do NOT skip the almond extract. It adds such a delightful flavor to these cookies!
- 红色食物着色 - 根据需要。你肯定可以跳过它
- 素食黄油 - 我最喜欢的是乡村缸油植物黄油，但这些都可以与他人合作！
- Cornstarch- this works in place of the eggs to really help the cookies hold together well.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients and
- whisk it all together
- Cream together the butter and sugar before adding the remaining wet ingredients including the food coloring
- Roll the dough out in between 2 pieces of parchment paper so that it’s about 1/3 of an inch thick
- Cut out desired shapes, chill for 10 minutes and then bake for 10 minutes
See how to make the Valentine’s Day Cookies here:Print
These Vegan Valentine’s Day Cookies are simple to make and the prefect gift for your someone special :)
- ½ cup(1stick) vegan butter, room temperature
- ½ cupof sugar
- 3 tablespoonsof plant based milk
- ½ teaspoonvanilla extract
- ½ teaspoonalmond extract (optional but highly recommended)
- 2 cupsall purpose flour (+ more for rolling out).
- 2 tablespoons玉米淀粉
- ½ teaspoonbaking powder
- ¼ tspsalt
For the cookies frosting:
- 3 tablespoons素食的黄油、软化
- 2 cups糖粉
- 2 tablespoonsof plant-milk
- 1/4茶匙of vanilla
- food coloring as desired (I used about 2 crops of red to get a pale pink frosting)
- Mix the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, and salt together in a bowl and set aside.
- Slowly combine the dry with the wet and beat until a dough has formed – about 2-3 minutes of mixing. Do not over mix – once the dough comes together, it’s ready.
- Move the dough to a floured surface (or place it in between 2 pieces of parchment paper for easy rolling). Roll the dough out to 1/3 inch in thickness. Use a heart cookie cutter to cut out your cookies and carefully transfer them to a parchment lined cookie sheet, 1 inch between each cookie. Continue to re-roll the dough and cut out cookies until you have used all the dough.
- Place the tray in the fridge for 10 minutes. DO NOT skip this step as it’s crucial for the cookies to nicely maintain their shape. Bake straight from the fridge for 10-12 minutes, until slightly golden around the edges. Remove and allow to cool.